VNRE - Experiences from many countries throughout the world showed that development of hi-tech park is an important measure to further promote the process of national economic development, namely Sillicon Valley hi-tech park, Hsinchu Science park, Kulim Hi-tech Park….Catching this trend, development of hi-tech park is one of breakthrough measures to enhance national domestic technological capacity, help Vietnam narrow the gap of economy and science technology with other countries in the region and throughout the world and also contribute to speeding up nation's deeper integration into the challenging global economy today.
Base on the result of general project on developing Hoa Lac Hi-tech Park supported by Japanese Government, Prime Minister Phan Van Khai promulgated Decision No. 198/1998/QĐ-TTg dated on October 12th 1998 on establishing Hoa Lac Hi-tech Park – an important project of Vietnam's Government in Thach That district, Ha Noi Capital.
30 minutes to central Hanoi, one hour to the International Airport, one hour and a half to the port of Hai Phong and Cai Lan, nearby supporting IPs.
Best Investment Incentives
CIT exemption for the first 4 years (from the first profit – making); 5% for the next 9 years; 10% for the following 2 years.
Exemption from import duties for goods imported as part of fixed assets; Exemption from VAT for equipment, machinery and specialized transportation means not manufactured locally and imported as part of fixed assets.
1. Research & Development: Tax exemption in the 1st 4 year when having taxable incomes;
2. Hi-Tech Industrial Sector: Tax rate of 5% within the next 9 year;
3. Software Production: Tax rate of 10% within the next 2 year (tax rate of 10% can be extended depending on the project but not exceeding 30 years); Applying tax rate of 25% after period of tax incentive;
4. Education - Training: Tax exemption in the 1st 4 year when having taxable incomes; Tax rate of 5% within the next 5 year; Tax rate of 10% in all period of operation;
Synchronous and Modern Infrastructure
Funded by the Vietnam state budget and Japanese ODA (fully completed by 2015).
Excellent Human Resources
New Campus of Hanoi National University (1,000ha, 100,000 students in 2050); Hanoi University of Science & Technology, FPT University, HHTP Vocational Training Centers, etc.
One-stop and Professional Administrative Services
Guidance for investment certificate application, company start-up, daily operational matters, bonded ware-house, e-customs, banking, other supporting facilities, etc.
As a National Strategic Project
In order to aim at accumulating the most advanced technologies, the Vietnamese government fully supports HHTP as the one of the most important national projects, while the Vice Minister of Science and Technology is the chairman of HHTP.
Costs for HHTP Biz and Living
Cost-competitiveness of HHTP
- Land lease: 40-60 USD/m2/50 years (Hi-Tech Industrial Zone)
- Human resources: workers 100–150 USD/month, skilled workers 150–400 USD/month, managers 500–2000 USD/month
- Electricity rates: 0.06–0.15 USD/kwh.
- 53 projects got licenses (as of 2nd Sept 2011)
- 17 projects in operation (as of 2nd Sept 2011)
- Revenue of enterprises in 2010: USD 60 million
- Fields of Hi-Tech: IT, Communications, Software Development; Biotechnology; Microelectronics, Precision Machinery, Mechatronics, Optoelectronics; New Material, Nanotech; New Energy
- R&D Expenses: 1% of annual turnover
- Number of workforces in R&D: 5% of total employees
- Advanced Technology: 1/3 automatic devices
- Environment Friendly Operation: TCVN, ISO 14000 (encouragement).
For further information, please contact:
Hoa Lac High-Tech Park Management Board
Add: Km 29, Thang Long Feeway, Thach That Dist, Ha Noi
Tel: 84.4.6326 9295 - Fax: 84.4.6326 9290